Tiger Balm Influencer Case Study
Leveraging Social Content Creators to Reach a New Target Audience
- In an effort to grow the brand’s US audience base, Tiger Balm tasked E29 with driving awareness amongst new consumer segments, while still remaining relevant with the brand’s core audience.
- To build awareness, E29 needed to appeal to the target audience in an authentic and engaging way, with a focus on their lifestyle habits, leveraging social influencers who:
- Lead active lives through fitness
- Prefer to live natural lifestyles, choose holistic products, and prioritizing health and wellness
- Have physically demanding occupations, such as construction workers, firefighters, public servants, home remodeling experts, nurses, etc.
- E29 crafted a social influencer strategy that began with recruiting 16 influencers, segmented into 3 different lifestyle categories.
- The creators were also selected based on their influence across a variety of social platforms, which allowed us to test performance across a mix of content, such as in-feed static and video posts, reels, stories, blogs, and video.
- The 16 influencers partnered with the brand to tell their unique stories, sharing how Tiger Balm fit seamlessly into their lives to support a full, active lifestyle and #WorksWhereItHurts to relieve everyday aches and pains.
- E29 amplified the influencers voices and their content by turning the best performing organic content into paid social ads served from the influencers’ handles, leveraging various interest-based targeting while testing and optimizing to top-performing audience segments.
- The program provided key learnings, specifically in terms of the type of influencers and content that resonate best with Tiger Balm’s consumers, and will serve to inform future campaigns for the brand.
IMPACT: MEASURING SUCCESS
During the influencer program, April through July 2022, E29 delivered:
16 ACTIVATED INFLUENCERS
1,830,000 ORGANIC IMPRESSIONS
68 PIECES OF CONTENT
52,360 ORGANIC ENGAGEMENTS
3,149,247 VIDEO VIEWS
6,882,453 WHITE-LISTED PAID SOCIAL IMPRESSIONS